Wednesday, July 16, 2008

So proud


I don't talk about my husband much because this blog is pretty much dedicated to my children. But today seems to be the time to mention how proud I am of him. He has been doing triathlons since before we were together. I remember watching the first few thinking , "Wow, this is cool" (Understand I think it's cool, but I have no desire to do so at this point in my life.) Anyway, since he's not working, he trains about 3-5 hours a day while the kids are in daycare in preparation for the Ironman Louisville in August. This past weekend he did one of his regular 1/2 Ironman distance ones in Muncie, Indiana. The weather was horrible. It stormed and lightening was striking as he finished the swim portion. The entire bike ride was in a downpour and then it cleared up and got hot for the run portion. Amazingly enough, it was his best time by far at this race. He did AWESOME!! At the rate he's going he will be able to do the full Ironman in about 12 hours or less. That's a 2.4 mile swim, 112 miles on a bike, and a full (26.2 miles) marathon. And yes, that is all in one day!! I can hardly wait for the day to see him cross the finish line. How cool to be able to say that my husband is an IRONMAN!!! Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers as this day is quickly approaching on August 31, Labor Day weekend. (This picture is from last year at the Memphis in May Triathlon)

1 comment:

Ronda White said...

How awesome is that!! Tell him that we will be thinking of him and cheering him on from out here in California. That is so great.