Sunday, October 3, 2010

The Big 3

Yesterday was Alexander's birthday. Although we did not have a big party for him, he was still very loved and had an awesome day. I think the hightlight of his day was the "Batman cake". I didn't think it was all that, but he really liked it. Enough to eat the icing before we ever lit candles. Silly boy.....just like his mommy when it comes to sweets.



He is now potty trained. He may have an occasional accident, but he does very well over all. It's so nice to know I no longer have to buy diapers!!!!! Now I just have to find him some batman underwear. I'm sure that would totally make his entire weekend.



Ryan was around for the celebration, but none so happy about it. He is still having a hard time realizing that it's not all about him. When I explained to him that it was Alex's birthday and what he wanted during the day, he would get, Ryan got very upset. HE wanted toys. HE wanted to watch what HE wanted to TV. I'm sure in 6 weeks when his birthday rolls around, he will understand what it's all about.

We've had a great weekend and life is good. I'm looking forward to my personal trip to Memphis in a few weeks to visit family and see "Wicked". I'm really going to miss my husband and kids, but sometimes moms just need a small break. I'm really looking forward to a little rest and relaxation and ME time :)

Love to you all,



No comments: