Monday, January 17, 2011

Catching up, part two

Onward and upward, to Christmas......

Wow what a great year. It started snowing before Christmas, which was absolutely wonderful. I was so hopeful for a white christmas this year since my parents were coming for the holidays. I knew that would just top off the season so perfectly.

Nana and papaw arrived on Christmas Eve day just after lunch. We were able to visit for a while, and even took time to bake sugar cookies for Santa. That was the best, seeing as how the boys had never done that before.




After all that was done we got dressed and headed off to the Christmas program at Church. It would have been wonderful, I'm sure. I say that because within the first 20 minutes, Ryan threw up. ON CHRISTMAS EVE!!! I was so worried he would be up all night vomiting. We went home and mom and I ran to the store to pick up popsicles and sierra mist. Luckily we arrived at Meijer with 5 minutes to spare :) Oddly enough, Ryan never got sick again. For that I was truly grateful.

Santa came later that night and oh the loot he brought!!! I think he really outdid himself this year. The boys were overwhelmed with gifts, so many that I had to put a few away. Between Santa, us, nana and papaw, and grandma and poppy---well let's just say next year santa is going to have to tone it down just a bit...







All in all, it was a great season. The boys had a great time, and we had a great time spoiling them. We are so blessed beyond measure.

No comments: