Saturday, April 23, 2011

School

Okay, most parents think they're children are smart. They read at an early age, know their numbers and letters before 2 years of age, and the potty train before they're 3. Ryan is no exception. He is bright. The benchmark for reading is 14 and he is double that. His math skills are off the charts for a first grader :) I am very pleased by that. The only problem is getting him to do it. He HATES school. He finds it unnecessary and acts up on just about a daily basis over the last few weeks. Just before spring break he started having some issues with defiance and refusing to do his work. "I'm just not the smartest kid anymore" It's so hard as a parent to teach them how smart and gifted our children are without making them conceited. I struggle with this as I have been receiving phone calls from the school on a daily basis. It's so hard some times...... I'm just grateful that school will be out June 3rd. Not nearly soon enough for me (or Ryan for that matter).

No comments: