Sunday, August 28, 2011

Sweet Dreams

I've talked before about praying with my children. This is something I make sure I do every night I am home. I believe this to be of utmost importance when it comes to raising my boys. And although I am not perfect, this is one thing I want them to always remember.

Ryan has been doing very well with his big boy prayers. He has even started praying for others without prompting, which to me is very impressive. Most days he thanks God for things we have and the blessings of everything we have around us. I am grateful he is learning at a young age to have "an attitude of gratitude" and E would say.

Alexander tonight surprised me though. He always says his blessing and then I pray his, "Now I lay me down to sleep......" Sometimes he chimes in but he always says "Amen". Tonight as I started he put his hands over my lips and said, "shhh, I want to say it by myself". And that he did,

"Now I lay me down to sleep,
The Lord I pray my soul to keep,
May angels watch me through the night,
And keep me in their blessed sight,
Amen, Thank you Jesus"

A mom can't help but have sweet dreams following that. My heart is full :)

2 comments:

Martha Harris said...

Honey, as your Mother, I am filled with pride to know that your children are being raised knowing and loving the Lord. This is truly the basis of life for we have the responsibility of this little soul when he/she comes into the world. It is my prayer that Ryan and Alex will grow to wonderful, caring Christian men as they mature in their faith.

Mandy said...

love!