Monday, April 14, 2014

And time moves on

So it's been a long time since I wrote anything on this page.  Little did I realize it's been almost 2 years!  I think mostly because I have tried to spend more time in the moment rather than trying to document the moment. Not to say that's it's wrong, but I have tried to make time with my family quality time vs. computer time.  (Mind you it's almost 2am and I am at work so I don't feel guilty).

The boys have grown up a lot over the last few years. They're both as busy as ever. Alex started kindergarten in the fall and Ryan began 4th grade. Only one more year with both of them at the same school and then it will all change.  Currently I am glad to have them where they are.

Ryan has matured significantly in the last few months. He has learned how to control himself better and really loves life. He started Tae Kwan Do in September and I think that made the biggest difference.  He has really begun to respect himself and others more than he ever did.  I love seeing him smile and be happy.  He's super smart and always on the honor roll.

Alex is a big momma's boy. He would rather be with me and snuggle in my bed any day of the week. That being said, he would also rather play on the xbox (that belongs to the kids down the street). He thinks I am a horrible mom because I won't buy him an xbox.....and never plan to. Kindergarten is great for him. He's already surpassed where he is supposed to be at the end of the year.  I look forward to first grade in the fall to see how he develops.

I am always on the go. I only work two nights a week in labor hall and then spend the rest of my time at the gym. I'm teaching a lot of rowing, Zumba, and barre on occasion.  I love teaching and get such enjoyment from seeing people happy.

Mike is working all the time and working out at Crossfit many days a week.  We don't get a lot of down time, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

I hope this post finds you all well.

Happy Monday!!



No comments: