Monday, December 22, 2008

Things around here lately are status quo. The boys are as busy as ever, keeping me on my toes. Ryan always has something interesting to say and Alex is actually running around the house now. Even in our little home he comes up missing at least once a day. I have to keep the bathroom doors closed because he loves to pull out the toilet paper.

Ryan is getting totally excited about Christmas and Santa Claus. Although I don't think he quite understands about Santa bringing presents while he is asleep he is all about the gifts under the tree. And I have to say it truly excites me when he wants to tell me the Christmas story. I almost cried the other day when he was telling me what he learned about Bethlehem, the star, and the three wise men. He understands about Mary and Joseph traveling on a donkey and Jesus being born in a manger. I love that his little mind has started to wrap around this. He even went so far as to say his "prayer for God" the other night. He thanked God for sending Jesus so that we could have Christmas. My heart was filled with joy as I realized how much my son is beginning to understand. I pray this continues for the rest of his life.

Speaking of life, just a little interjection on behalf of a family in Mississippi. I grew up in a small town where every person knows the other. On Friday, a young boy, Landon Burt, from my hometown drowned very unexpectedly. His parents were my high school principal and Acteens leader in the Church. Although I have no doubt in their faith, this holiday season, and many more to come, will be very difficult. I pray for them and his brother David that they can find some peace during Christmas.

Wishing you all a safe and Merry Christmas and Holiday Season,

The Phillips Family
Renee, Mike, Ryan, & Alex

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always get teary when my kids show knowledge about Jesus...it is so sweet.

Tina said...

It is always so amazing when we see our children's faith beginning to blossom. It is one of the bigest "Joys" of my life. Makes me feel as if I might be doing something right.

I am so sorry for your family friends back in Mississippi, I can't even imagine the pain. thay will be in my prayers.