Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Our life






Okay, so I have decided that even though New Year's is a few months away, my resolution should be to update my blog at least weekly. So much changes and life gets so busy I just don't take the time. I need to make an effort to do this better.

Ryan has been in kindergarten for just over a month. He's had his ups and downs and share of straight and upside down faces. Last week I had a "come to Jesus meeting" with him. Evidently his teacher thought it entertaining when I wrote that on the note to her, as she showed it to the TA in the room. They both appreciated it. Ever since he's gotten nothing but smily faces. Kindergarten just isn't that challenging to him right now. I am sure it will become that way eventually, but now he just breezes through everything. He is already learning to read, and is all about his sight words. He reads to me most nights, which I just love. Since Mike and myself read so often, I hope our love of reading has rubbed off on him.

Alex on the other hand has turned in to the typical toddler, complete with tantrums and screaming at inappropriate moments. He is still absolutely adorable though. He's talking so much--"sit down, be the ball, Hi, papaw" just to name a few. It's so cute when he tells me to sit down. It's quite adorable. He still eats anything I give him. He really loves black beans and rice from my burritos. He says, "bite" and points. In other words, that is his and he wants it. Spoiled little child. But that's only on way to be when you're that age. Not only that, but that's how memories are made.

My birthday has come and gone as well on the 14th. It was a great day, complete with a childless dinner at Bonefish Grill. The food was great and dessert was even better. That was until we got home with the little man. He had croup and the next day at the peds office, discovered he had another ear infection. Bless his heart. Finally now a little over a week later he's feeling better. Still not sleeping through the night, but hopefully that won't last much longer.

Well, there's a lot coming up in the next few weeks. Alex will turn two, Mike and I will have been married for 7 years, Mike has a birthday, then not long after that is Ryan's birthday. Then of course only 6 weeks later it's Christmas. Geez, it's a busy next few months. Hopefully I'll be able to sit down to blog all this.

Best to you all
Renee

1 comment:

Tina said...

You have a busy household and of course I am just in love with those two little boys. I am so happy Alex is on the mend poor little guy.

You do an amazing job balancing all the balls you are juggling Renee.

Tina