Sunday, September 27, 2009

The week in review

This has been a pretty good week in the Phillips household. Although there's been plenty of rain to go around, there have been a few dry spurts as well.

Ryan had a fantastic, can I say again, FANTASTIC, week at school. Every day he received a smiley face!!!! This is such an improvement from last week. On Thursday his teacher had written that he was trying really hard to follow directions and was doing a great job. I was very proud. But Friday took the cake. While I was sitting in car line, the lady getting the car numbers stopped at the truck. She asked if I was Ryan's mom. I said yes, having no idea what was going to come out of her mouth. She said, "I just love him. He is just the sweetest boy. He is so kind and loving. I took him to the principal's office today. (In the back of my mind I'm thinking 'oh no, it's only kindergarten'.) I got him a special treat because he's been so good this week." WHEW!! Crisis averted. I was so proud inside. My little man is growing up and adjusting to school. It's good to know he is so well liked by his teachers.

Alex is just blooming with words and his understanding of things. His definite "no" and "sit down" are my favorite. Stubborn child though--just like his mommy!! He turns two on Friday and my heart just aches. As I passed the nursery this morning and saw the newborn area I just wanted to cry. I remember just yesterday my baby was that small. I know life goes on and children grow, but sometimes my heart just yearns for another. Oh well, I love my children as they grow just the same.

Love to all,
Renee

1 comment:

Tina said...

It;s always a bonus when you can post that you can post that the week was FANATASTIC. I'll take it!

Ryan sounds like he is really hitting his stride in KG. He is a sweet one for sure. I can remember when he used to come into LH.

My Trio turn 2 in Nov so Boy do I know how you feel about seeing the newborn, but seeing your babies grown into such wonderful little people is also so exciting!

I am looking forward to seeing some cute Birthday pics coming up :)