Saturday, December 12, 2009

Mckmama

So as many of you know, I follow quite a few blogs. One of my favorites it Mckmama.com. She is the REAL mom of 4 kiddos-4,3,2,1. Literally a very busy person. She amazes me at the time she has to do everything she does. I feel as though I don't some days and I only have two children. Anyway, she's giving away a computer on Christmas Eve and I'm putting my name in the pot. This is my third entry in amongst all of the other thousands!!! Hey, there's always a chance!!

Life at the Phillips household has been far from normal. Alex was very sick for a while with cold and congestion which proceeded in to bilateral ear infections and a week's worth of Zithromax. After day three, I was a little concerned he wasn't getting better nearly as quickly as I had hoped. After a couple of doses of Nasonex over the next few days, he really turned around. I was so thankful that he was feeling better and looking forward to sleeping at night again. THEN:

Ryan got sick. He was up at 2am coughing his head off. After looking up on the internet the appropriate dose of dextromethorphan for a child his age, I knocked him out with some Robitussin. Bless his heart, he coughed for another hour before it kicked in. But then when it came time for school, as tired as he was, he was playing with his toys. After much deliberating, I sent him on to school. I hated for him to miss a day, even though I was afraid of getting a frowny face. He did okay and got a smiley face that day.

We're really looking forward to Christmas this year. The boys are old enough to understand and are really excited. They have their own tree I let them decorate which is no more than lights and balls and a few ornaments, but it made them happy. Alex yells, "Ball!" for the ornaments and wants to throw them. Thank heavens they are shatterproof. Oh well....

Hope you all are having a great Christmas Holiday season. Love to you all---

No comments: