Saturday, December 26, 2009

Holidays, Holidays





Well Christmas has come and gone in this household and the aftermath is very evident. There are toys everywhere and still remnants of paper from unwrapped gifts. We were truly blessed this year to be able to provide our family and children a decent Christmas. It was a little over the top to some extreme I admit, but that's what being a parent is all about. It truly came to me when Ryan informed me he needed to write a thank you note to Santa. "He gave me everything I wanted." I love it!!!

We didn't do anything really exciting this year. On Christmas eve we decorated cookies for Santa. After a nap we headed to Mike's parents' house for a little snack and open gifts. Then we went to Church, which was totally awesome. There's nothing like closing a Christmas service singing O Holy Night. It just gave me chills and tears in my eyes. My heart breaks for the people that truly don't understand the meaning of Christmas.

Christmas day was spent in pajamas--almost literally. I don't think Ryan ever took his bottoms off. He had slept in a shirt that Nana and Papaw had sent. Alex changed, but only because he had to have diaper changes. I put on a pair of knit pants and a holiday shirt. Not once until I took a shower did I take off my slippers!! Mike of course was up and at 'em first thing. He "needed to go for a walk" As I am content to chill out on the holidays, my husband so is not. Although we've had our rough spots, we are really beginning to equal each other out.

I am excited to see what the new year holds for all of us. Ryan will be finishing Kindergarten and Alex will be potty training. Seriously? He's not old enough for that in my eyes, but they do have to grow up.

Best wishes for a continued safe and happy Christmas and Holiday season.

The Phillips family

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Sounds like a perfect Christmas Eve and day. I love that Ryan wanted to write a thank you note! How sweet! Merry Christmas to you and your family!