Sunday, February 14, 2010

daily ramblings

Not much going on here to discuss. We've had ups and downs this week. I've gone so far as buying something called Attentive Child at the Whole Foods store. I was really hoping it would help Ryan, but not so much. He's in trouble every where he goes and I am about done taking him ANYWHERE! At school I get called by the teacher. He gets in trouble at Church and Jason calls me (although this has gotten better). He even had trouble with respect at DAYCARE the other day when they were out because of snow.. Oh, and lets not forget me having to leave a gym class a few minutes early because he wasn't doing what he was told by one of the adults. Seriously? I know he knows better. I'm thinking a little trip to the pediatrician is in order.

Even Alex is beginning to have a little attitude. He even tried to take a swing at me the other night when I was putting him in time out. Really? You're two!!! Give it some time to build in the anger son. I've actually resorted to putting him in his room and closing the door so he can't get out. That really upsets him and puts things in perspective for him. After I open the door and ask him if he's going to be better he nods yes and gives a big hug.

I love my boys so much and am having such a time with them. If anyone has any really good advice or ideas let me know. I've prayed a lot for the boys, for strength, and for patience. Some days I just don't know how much is getting through. Thankfully Spring is almost here and we will be able to go play at the park again. I'm just counting down the days...


1 comment:

Mandy said...

Oh Renee, I feel your pain and frustration...and it's all because we love these kids so much and want them to be good, be happy, to love themselves and others. I obviously do not have the answers and am the first to agree that parenting isn't a piece of cake. It's a work in progress, and I so wish they came with a manual!
I have read some parenting books..the one that I think really works is called "Love and Logic" by Jim Fay. When I use the ideas in there, I find there is more peace in my home...but it takes brain power and consistency. I found it when I was at my wits end with Zac, and it saved the day, or maybe just my sanity. I feel like there was a lot of yelling and tears here before I learned some of the principles. (we still have our days for sure, but things are better!) It was a good book for us. I got it as Joseph Beth, they are also on Amazon of course. They were out at the library the day that I checked. The official title is "Love and Logic Magic for Early Childhood. Practical Parenting from birth to 6 years." by Jim Fay and Charles Fay...they have other ones too.
It's not the Bible, but there may be something in there that makes your days go better!

Know that you have great little boys, that boys are full of energy and passion for life. You are doing a good job. You are just being stretched!