Friday, June 24, 2011

Time passes

Holy cow how time flies....

First grade is behind us (thank heavens for that) and we are at the end of the third week of summer break. Only 6 1/2 more weeks and I will have a second grader!!! Unbelievable to think.......oh well, I know they have to grow up. This morning Ryan came to get in my bed when he woke up, as he always does, to give me morning hugs and kisses. I explained to him how he used to fit in the crook of my arm when we rested in bed....now he is almost as tall as I am. He just laughs and says, "aw mom". Yes those were the days of peace, when even though he would cry, he couldn't move or complain, or fight with his brother. I am ever so grateful for those moments, but even more so for the moments of these days. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Alexander is getting ready to move up to the new class at daycare as well :( It's not for long, as in the fall he will head to preschool!! My little man will be 4 in the fall. WOW!!! Thank goodness he will stay there for a year before he moves to the pre-K class. I can't think that far ahead because then I start crying.

When you give birth it's exciting. They're so cute and cuddly. As they grow we watch them change and become such little "people" I always knew this would happen, but watching them grow makes me sad in a way. I don't want these days to go by so quickly. I spend time with them watching movies, going to the pool, and reading books and saying prayers at night. Alexander sometimes tries to say them with me, but he ALWAYS has to say, "Amen" It's just his thing. And for that I am grateful.

We have traveled a little as of late......heading down to the great state of Tennessee. We visited family in Memphis and did a lot of fun things. The boys met cousins they have never seen, and were able to play with them for the first time. Yet another part of growing up....I was able to visit with my cousin I haven't seen since our grampa's funeral 8 years ago. So sad how we grow up and apart from each other. I know we all wish we could have more time together.

So I'll post a few pictures from the family hoopla 2011 as is was ......








There are way more to post, but these will do for now. A lot of them are on my facebook page and those of my family's. What an awesome weekend :)

No comments: