Sunday, July 3, 2011

Blessings

Blessings.

They come in many forms.

It may be someone complimenting you on something you did. It may be surviving cancer. It may be the feeling you get from helping someone else.

I have been blessed in many ways. God has seen us through trials in the past few years and we've come out stronger than ever. But tonight I was blessed in a different way.

I have always tried to instill the love of God into our children. Everything we do as parents comes back to us at some point in time. So tonight, as we were preparing for bed, Ryan, Alexander, and myself sat on Ryan's floor for prayers. We've done this before because it's easier since Ryan has a loft bed. Most of the time though, it's just myself and Ryan saying prayers, and I say them with Alex when I put him to bed. But tonight, since Mike is on night shift, it's just the three of us. Ryan is old enough now to say his "big boy prayers" and is slowly getting better about being respectful by bowing his head and closing his eyes. Although this is not always necessary, I feel he needs to do this to get the general grasp of things. Anyway, tonight as we bowed our heads, Ryan began with, "Now I lay me down to sleep" I chose not to interrupt and let him continue. The next thing I knew, Alexander was joining him saying his prayers with him. When they finished I had tears in my eyes. Listening to my children pray just makes my heart explode. Ryan looked at me and said, "mom, I was just saying that so I could help Alex" WOW what a heart!!! I looked at both of them, with my hands on my face, and said, "that just makes my heart happy". Ryan promptly said his prayers the allowed me to finish with the big prayer as I always do. When I finished, Alexander had his hands on his face and said, "mommy that makes my heart happy". I have tears of joy now just thinking of that. How lucky of a mom am I that my boys are grateful and can see the love of Jesus in our prayers.

Thank you God for blessing me with the two beautiful boys I have to raise on this earth. I will be forever grateful.

Take a moment to listen to and watch this video by Laura Story, Blessings



No comments: