Monday, January 18, 2010

big boy's day

So today being a holiday from school, I opted to keep Ryan home--to have a little mother, son time. It's not very often we get to do this anymore since Alex came along. We took the little man to daycare and then headed out for a day.


It started at Monkey Joes inflatable play yard. It was absolutely crazy at this place today, but was a lot of fun.



There were kids everywhere, but Ryan had a blast!!

After two hours of jumping and playing, we headed out for lunch. Being the picky eater he is, we ended up at Waffle House. It doesn't hurt my feelings one bit because I love the place. After filling up on scrambled eggs and waffles, we headed off to the movies. Granted I didn't pay full price-we did the dollar theatre, but it was fun nonetheless. We saw a little animated film called Planet 51. A little cheesy, but had quite a few funny parts as well. I don't think Ryan got them all, but that's okay. He thought the movie was "adorable".

We've now arrived home for a small rest before dad and the little man come home. After that it's all over. So much for the alone time with my big boy. We've had a much needed great day. These are memories that will last a lifetime. I can hardly wait for the day when Alex is old enough to do the same. But for now, I will enjoy my boys, just as they are. Savoring every moment I can and taking it all in.

Have a great week!


1 comment:

Mandy said...

Oh what a great idea. Looks like a fun time! What a great memory and day for you both! Cute pictures!